Monday, February 23, 2009

Deadline approaching

This time of year brings numerous exhibition deadlines that I attempt to meet. Since I am not a full time artist I have to be very deliberate about which drawings I create with specific exhibits in mind. It is necessary to plan several months in advance in order to see them to completion prior to the submission dates. Of course I am rarely on schedule therefore the pressure is on. That's not the way I would prefer but that's just the way it is and I try to adjust.

I took the osprey to my other studio in order to sneak some time in between my business responsibilities. My wife and I operate two custom frame shops. It's funny that I started framing to support my drawing habit and now I have to steal time away from framing in order to draw. 

No comments: